May 2022: Go Forward
Verse of the Month:
“For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope”
– Jer.29:11 , NKJV.
After about 430 years in servitude, liberty came for the children of Israel. God showed His supremacy over Pharoah by forcing the children of Israel out of his grip. With great joy, dancing and hope, the children of Israel commenced their journey to the Promised Land, a land flowing with “milk and honey”. Then they suddenly got to the Red Sea. As if that was not enough, they looked back and saw the host of Pharaoh pursuing after them. What then happened? At least three things: One, they were very afraid (Exo.14:10). Two, there was complaints/grumbling (“Why have you so dealt with us to bring us up out of Egypt?….. For it would have been better for us to serve the Egyptians than that we should die in the wilderness” - Exo.14:11-13). Three, they lost focus of their goal - getting to the Promised Land.
This story mirrors what many of us are seeing and/or experiencing today. Many of have stayed for too long
in our present position that we cannot even imagine another state. We are shying away from the fact that
the only thing permanent in life is change. The fear of the future/unknown has held many bound.
In our country today, there are clear obstacles to progress, few within us, but many around us. Consequently, there are despair, confusion and grumbling everywhere. Many who had set great goals for themselves have thrown up their hands in surrender. More worrisome: many young and vibrant people have lost focus of diligence and honest rewards: it is now all about quick fixes, ‘smart’ ways to wealth, etc.
"..., Truly I tell you what ever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine you did for me".
1. To make heaven.
2. To take as many people as possible with us.
3. To have a member of RCCG in every family of all nations.
4. To accomplish No. 1 above, holiness will be our lifestyle.
5. To accomplish No. 2 above, we will plant churches within five minutes. walking distance in every city and town of developing countries and within five minutes driving distance in every city and town of developed countries.
6. We will pursue this objectives until every nation in the world is reached for Christ our Lord.