August 2022: Manifestation of the Sons of God
Verse of the Month:
“For the earnest expectation of the creation eagerly waits for the revealing of the sons of God.”
– Rom.8:19, NKJV.
“All creation is eagerly waiting for God to reveal who his children are.”
– Romans 8:19 (GW):
In my early days, it was customary to go to the farm with our daddy and, occasionally, with two of our uncles. Without any formal attempt to sit us down and teach us the typical farming cycle, we unconsciously learned that there would always be land preparation before planting took place. Apart from yams for which heaps were made, other early plantings usually took place on the flat land. For about five days after maize had been planted, the land would usually appear plain and bare. It would then be any stranger’s guess as to whether anything had been buried in the ground. However, as the seeds began to germinate, what was planted would become evident. Usually, that germination would not happen until the buried seed changed its original form or literally died. Our life story has some similarities.
Until we were born, only God knew the details about us inside the womb. Science and technology usually offer some advanced insight, but this would just be the tip of the iceberg. Our true manifestation started when we were born. In the course of our natural growth, many of us encountered Jesus, which led to a new birth or beginning. Then we grew from being children of God to becoming sons of God. This process of growth or character formation is usually very tough, with peaks of joy and troughs of pains/challenges. God allows all of these to happen because He wants to produce more sons; albeit more ‘Christs’, which He delights in showcasing to the world.
Before Jesus was born, there was only one person that was called the son of God – Adam. In the genealogy of Jesus listed in the book of Matthew, every man was called the son of somebody, but when it got to Adam, he was called the son of God. Jesus was the second person referred to as the Son of God. At His baptism, the Scriptures record that there was a voice from heaven that said, “This is My beloved Son.” (Matthew 3:13-17; Matthew 17:5; Mark 1:11; Mark 9:7). Today, the perfect will of God is that you and I attain to the image of Christ and become sons of God.
Some Guiding Prayer Points
1. Give the Lord profuse thanks for His faithfulness from January to date. Indeed, great has been His faithfulness.
2. Father, by the reason of the August theme, do whatever you need to do in my life, situation and circumstances to reveal that I am Your son
3. Father, please disable me from continuing in any particular sin, and break necessary boundaries for me to manifest Your glory.
4. August is anything of supreme dignity or grandeur; majestic. Let me amount to something significant this month.
5. Jeremiah 32:27 NKJV “Behold, I am the Lord, the God of all flesh. Is there anything too hard for Me?” Let this August be a month of endless possibilities for me.
6. Father, make my life a sign and an awesome wonder this month. Let those who never believed that anything good can come out of me be confounded, in the Name of Jesus Christ.
7. Isa.30:21 – “your ear shall ear a voice behind you saying, ….” Father, guide and direct my steps throughout this month. Guide me into safety, lead me into favour
"..., Truly I tell you what ever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine you did for me".
1. To make heaven.
2. To take as many people as possible with us.
3. To have a member of RCCG in every family of all nations.
4. To accomplish No. 1 above, holiness will be our lifestyle.
5. To accomplish No. 2 above, we will plant churches within five minutes. walking distance in every city and town of developing countries and within five minutes driving distance in every city and town of developed countries.
6. We will pursue this objectives until every nation in the world is reached for Christ our Lord.